Gently igniting their first spark in music
Steps to Music is a supervised class (parent not required after first class) and is taught in 3 levels of increasing difficulty and challenge (Green, then Blue, then Red). Each level has a specific curriculum that parents follow along with at home. The program is designed as a hands-on approach that puts enjoyment and fun above all else. Kids earn stickers placed on their own certificate for each new concept mastered (like badges in Girl Guides, etc.). Upon completion students proudly keep and frame their signed certificates and graduate, if they wish, to the next level or instrument of their choice.
- Group music lessons geared specifically towards young beginners.
- Hands-on approach that puts enjoyment and fun above all else.
- We gently expose students to the sounds of many instruments.
- Teachers specifically trained to work with the needs of preschool and early grade students.
- We use colourful, memorable games to enhance the learning experience.
- Very limited practicing expectations at first as children of this age learn best while in class.
- We follow four core educational philosophies for young children – Move. Sing. Listen. Play.
- Students can graduate from this program into full lessons in the instrument of their choice.